Skip to main content

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini



The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Genre: Adult Historical Fiction

There are not a lot of books that make me cry, but this one always does it. The Kite Runner is one of the most frequently banned books club in US schools, and it's definitely one of the most important books I've read. Heart wrenching story, beautifully developed and intricate characters, and such an approachable history of a country we don't hear a lot about in the US. Learn about Afghanistan and become invested in Amir's story in a book I highly recommend!

- Bethany

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Filter and Other Lies by Crystal Maldonado

No Filter and Other Lies by Crystal Maldonado Genre: Young Adult Fiction Seventeen-year-old Kat Sanchez uses photos of a friend to create a fake Instagram account, but when one of her posts goes viral and exposes Kat's duplicity, her entire world--both real and pretend--comes crashing down around her. Twenty one-year-old Max Monroe has it all: beauty, friends, tons of followers on Instagram. Except it's all fake. Max is actually 17-year-old Kat Sanchez, a quiet and sarcastic, bisexual Puerto Rican teenager living in Bakersfield, California. Crystal Maldonado is fantastic at character development and storytelling. The pacing is a little slow in this one, but I didn't mind. I saw a lot of myself in Kat's character and it warmed my heart to see her gain confidence throughout the book - even if it was through a fake Instagram page.  - Emily

Queen of the Tiles by Hanna Alkaf

  Queen of the Tiles by Hanna Alkaf Genre: Young Adult Fiction Fifteen-year-old Najwa Bakri is forced to investigate the mysterious death of her best friend and Scrabble Queen, Trina, a year after the fact when her Instagram comes back to life with cryptic posts and messages.  I never thought a Scrabble tournament could be so eventful... It gets a little ridiculous at the end but I was so engaged throughout that I didn't mind. Definitely a solid read with a sprinkle of mystery throughout!  - Emily

Nothing More to Tell by Karen McManus

Nothing More to Tell by Karen McManus Genre: Young Adult Fiction Karen McManus has done it again! Brynn Gallagher uses her new internship at a true crime podcast to investigate the unsolved murder of her favorite teacher. Throughout the novel, Brynn uncovers secrets about her school, teacher, and her ex-best friend. I couldn't put this book down. There were several points where I thought I knew who the killer was but I was wrong every single time. I loved that I never knew what was coming next! - Emily