Skip to main content

The First to Die at the End by Adam Silvera

 

The First to Die at the End by Adam Silvera

Genre: Young Adult Fiction

In this prequel to #1 New York Times bestselling phenomenon They Both Die at the End, two new strangers spend a life-changing day together after Death-Cast first makes their fateful calls. I got so caught up in the whirlwind romance of Valentino Prince & Orion Pagan that I finished this 560 page book in 2 days! I loved every single character (except for the one obvious bad guy) - my attachment to Valentinorion is otherworldly. This book was so magical I will not forget it for a long time. 

Bonus points for a great audiobook narrator! 

- Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Filter and Other Lies by Crystal Maldonado

No Filter and Other Lies by Crystal Maldonado Genre: Young Adult Fiction Seventeen-year-old Kat Sanchez uses photos of a friend to create a fake Instagram account, but when one of her posts goes viral and exposes Kat's duplicity, her entire world--both real and pretend--comes crashing down around her. Twenty one-year-old Max Monroe has it all: beauty, friends, tons of followers on Instagram. Except it's all fake. Max is actually 17-year-old Kat Sanchez, a quiet and sarcastic, bisexual Puerto Rican teenager living in Bakersfield, California. Crystal Maldonado is fantastic at character development and storytelling. The pacing is a little slow in this one, but I didn't mind. I saw a lot of myself in Kat's character and it warmed my heart to see her gain confidence throughout the book - even if it was through a fake Instagram page.  - Emily

Queen of the Tiles by Hanna Alkaf

  Queen of the Tiles by Hanna Alkaf Genre: Young Adult Fiction Fifteen-year-old Najwa Bakri is forced to investigate the mysterious death of her best friend and Scrabble Queen, Trina, a year after the fact when her Instagram comes back to life with cryptic posts and messages.  I never thought a Scrabble tournament could be so eventful... It gets a little ridiculous at the end but I was so engaged throughout that I didn't mind. Definitely a solid read with a sprinkle of mystery throughout!  - Emily

Nothing More to Tell by Karen McManus

Nothing More to Tell by Karen McManus Genre: Young Adult Fiction Karen McManus has done it again! Brynn Gallagher uses her new internship at a true crime podcast to investigate the unsolved murder of her favorite teacher. Throughout the novel, Brynn uncovers secrets about her school, teacher, and her ex-best friend. I couldn't put this book down. There were several points where I thought I knew who the killer was but I was wrong every single time. I loved that I never knew what was coming next! - Emily