Skip to main content

Once Upon a K-Prom by Kat Cho



Once Upon a K-Prom by Kat Cho

Genre: Young Adult Fiction

Instead of going to prom, seventeen-year-old Elena Soo wants to spend her time saving the local community center, and she is determined to keep her priorities straight even when her childhood best friend--who is now a K-pop superstar--returns to make good on their old pact to go to prom together.

What a cute, easy read. I loved how Cho discussed the difficulties behind being a K-Pop star. It isn't something that many fans know about when it comes to their favorite K-Pop groups. The ending was super predictable but I wasn't mad about it! There's something about a fairy tale ending that I love...

- Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Filter and Other Lies by Crystal Maldonado

No Filter and Other Lies by Crystal Maldonado Genre: Young Adult Fiction Seventeen-year-old Kat Sanchez uses photos of a friend to create a fake Instagram account, but when one of her posts goes viral and exposes Kat's duplicity, her entire world--both real and pretend--comes crashing down around her. Twenty one-year-old Max Monroe has it all: beauty, friends, tons of followers on Instagram. Except it's all fake. Max is actually 17-year-old Kat Sanchez, a quiet and sarcastic, bisexual Puerto Rican teenager living in Bakersfield, California. Crystal Maldonado is fantastic at character development and storytelling. The pacing is a little slow in this one, but I didn't mind. I saw a lot of myself in Kat's character and it warmed my heart to see her gain confidence throughout the book - even if it was through a fake Instagram page.  - Emily

Queen of the Tiles by Hanna Alkaf

  Queen of the Tiles by Hanna Alkaf Genre: Young Adult Fiction Fifteen-year-old Najwa Bakri is forced to investigate the mysterious death of her best friend and Scrabble Queen, Trina, a year after the fact when her Instagram comes back to life with cryptic posts and messages.  I never thought a Scrabble tournament could be so eventful... It gets a little ridiculous at the end but I was so engaged throughout that I didn't mind. Definitely a solid read with a sprinkle of mystery throughout!  - Emily

Nothing More to Tell by Karen McManus

Nothing More to Tell by Karen McManus Genre: Young Adult Fiction Karen McManus has done it again! Brynn Gallagher uses her new internship at a true crime podcast to investigate the unsolved murder of her favorite teacher. Throughout the novel, Brynn uncovers secrets about her school, teacher, and her ex-best friend. I couldn't put this book down. There were several points where I thought I knew who the killer was but I was wrong every single time. I loved that I never knew what was coming next! - Emily