Skip to main content

White Smoke by Tiffany D. Jackson

 


White Smoke by Tiffany D. Jackson

Genre: Young Adult Fiction

Believing her new home to actually be alive, especially when her brother almost dies, Marigold and her new blended family won't be safe until she brings the truth to light once and for all. 

I couldn't put this one down - I was so transfixed by Marigold, the eerie things happening around the house, and all of the spooky lore surrounding her new home of Cedarville. The end was such a surprise I definitely did not see coming. The only fault is that there was no epilogue! I need to know what happened next! I'm really hoping for a sequel that will answer all of my questions...

- Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Filter and Other Lies by Crystal Maldonado

No Filter and Other Lies by Crystal Maldonado Genre: Young Adult Fiction Seventeen-year-old Kat Sanchez uses photos of a friend to create a fake Instagram account, but when one of her posts goes viral and exposes Kat's duplicity, her entire world--both real and pretend--comes crashing down around her. Twenty one-year-old Max Monroe has it all: beauty, friends, tons of followers on Instagram. Except it's all fake. Max is actually 17-year-old Kat Sanchez, a quiet and sarcastic, bisexual Puerto Rican teenager living in Bakersfield, California. Crystal Maldonado is fantastic at character development and storytelling. The pacing is a little slow in this one, but I didn't mind. I saw a lot of myself in Kat's character and it warmed my heart to see her gain confidence throughout the book - even if it was through a fake Instagram page.  - Emily

Queen of the Tiles by Hanna Alkaf

  Queen of the Tiles by Hanna Alkaf Genre: Young Adult Fiction Fifteen-year-old Najwa Bakri is forced to investigate the mysterious death of her best friend and Scrabble Queen, Trina, a year after the fact when her Instagram comes back to life with cryptic posts and messages.  I never thought a Scrabble tournament could be so eventful... It gets a little ridiculous at the end but I was so engaged throughout that I didn't mind. Definitely a solid read with a sprinkle of mystery throughout!  - Emily

Nothing More to Tell by Karen McManus

Nothing More to Tell by Karen McManus Genre: Young Adult Fiction Karen McManus has done it again! Brynn Gallagher uses her new internship at a true crime podcast to investigate the unsolved murder of her favorite teacher. Throughout the novel, Brynn uncovers secrets about her school, teacher, and her ex-best friend. I couldn't put this book down. There were several points where I thought I knew who the killer was but I was wrong every single time. I loved that I never knew what was coming next! - Emily